If your company wishes to sponsor an individual from outside of the EEA to work in the UK, you will need to apply for a Sponsor Licence. The type of licence you will need will depend on whether the workers you wish to recruit are skilled temporary workers, or skilled workers with long term job offers required to fill a gap in the labour market.

Your business will need to have a trading presence in the UK and you must be able to evidence that you have robust HR systems and recruitment practices in place in order to comply with your duties as a sponsor.

Licence Validity

A Sponsor Licence is valid for a period of 4 years. If you wish to continue to sponsor employees beyond 4 years, you must apply for an extension.

Please contact us to discuss the licence application process and compliance requirements further.