If you are from outside of the EEA and you have been offered a skilled job in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for a visa under the Tier 2 General category.

You will need to be employed by a licensed sponsor and they must issue a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) on your behalf before you are able to apply for the visa. A CoS is an electronic work permit and contains your personal details, as well as information regarding the role you will undertake.

This visa allows you to work for your sponsor in the position described on your CoS.

Visa Duration

The visa is granted for an initial period of up to 5 years and it can be extended to a maximum duration of 6 years.


You can apply for your dependants (husband, wife or partner and children under the age of 18) to join you.


The Tier 2 (General) category is a route to settlement in the UK after a period of 5 years.

Please contact us to discuss this option further.