If you are aged 18 to 30 and want to live and work in the UK for a limited period, you may be eligible to apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa. Only individuals from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, or those holding specific types of British nationality are eligible to apply under this category. You must be sponsored if you are from the Republic of Korea.

This visa allows you to study, work in most jobs and be self-employed (subject to restriction).

Visa Duration

The visa will be issued for a maximum duration of 2 years.


It is not possible to apply for your dependants (husband, wife or partner and children under the age of 18) to join you under this category. If they are to travel with you, they will need to apply for an independent visa.


The Tier 5 category is not a route to settlement in the UK.

Please contact us to discuss this option further.