This category is split into two sections: Long Term Staff and Graduate Trainee.

If you are from outside of the EEA and your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation, you may be eligible to apply for a visa under the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Long Term Staff category. Alternatively, you may be able to transfer into a Graduate Trainee programme for specialist roles.

The UK branch of the organisation must be a licensed sponsor, and they must issue a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) on your behalf before you are able to apply for the visa. A CoS is an electronic work permit and contains your personal details, as well as information regarding the role you will undertake.

This visa allows you to work for your sponsor in the position described on your CoS.

Visa Duration

Long Term Staff: the visa can be granted for an initial period of up to 5 years and it may be possible to extend the visa up to a maximum permitted duration of 9 years in certain circumstances.

Graduate Trainee: the maximum permitted duration is 12 months. The visa can only be extended if the initial grant was for a period of less than 12 months.


You can apply for your dependants (husband, wife or partner and children under the age of 18) to join you.


The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) category is not a route to settlement in the UK.

Please contact us to discuss this option further.