If you are from outside of the EEA and you are the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company, or you are an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK, you may be eligible to apply for a Representative of an Overseas Business visa.

This visa allows you to work for your employer only. You are prohibited from working for yourself, or any other business and you cannot remain in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer.

Visa Duration

The visa is initially granted for a period of up to 3 years and can be extended for a further 2 years. It can be extended multiple times.


You can apply for your dependants (husband, wife or partner and children under the age of 18) to join you.


The Representative of an Overseas Business category is a route to settlement in the UK after a period of 5 years.

Please contact us to discuss this option further.